[QGIS-Developer] api.qgis.org, python.qgis.org, qgis.org/api

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Apr 27 02:16:03 PDT 2018

Hi Devs,

now Denis created the beautiful python api docs,
and knowing the api url of qgis:

https://qgis.org/api
https://qgis.org/api/2.18/
https://qgis.org/api/master/

and faintly knowing it started with 'python.qgs.org' I tried:

http://python.qgis.org/api/
and
http://python.qgis.org/
to find out it had to be
http://python.qgis.org/master/

We also have
http://api.qgis.org ... pointing to knowhere.

I propose (plz show me better alternatives, or reasoning):

to not use python.qgis.org, but only api.qgis.org

api.qgis.org -> index page in website (TBD), pointing to:

api.qgis.org/api/master (being an) altname for qgis.org
api.qgis.org/api/2.18   (altname, so qgis.org/api/2.18 works too)
(keeping api in path as it has been there for x years)

api.qgis.org/python/master (being a redirect to the githubpage?)
api.qgis.org/python/2.18

Comments? (Denis, please let me know if have a problem with this_

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde