[QGIS-Developer] QGIS builds

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:22:50 PDT 2018

I have the build environment set up from scratch on a new computer, and I'm
getting the same error building mdalprovider in the master branch
(C:\OSGeo4W64\bin\hdf5.dll : fatal error LNK1107: invalid or corrupt file:
cannot read at 0x2F0). Is there maybe a problem with hdf5.dll from osgeo4w?
I've tried downloading the source from
https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF5/releases/hdf5-1.8/hdf5-1.8.11/src/
and building it, but even then I run into "CPack Error: Error when
generating package: HDF5".

Has nobody else had any issues with hdf5.dll? Are the instructions for 4.1
at https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL still accurate?

Kind regards,
Rudi