[QGIS-Developer] K-neighbour concave hull algorithm

Rudi von Staden rudivs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:36:36 PDT 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 at 10:13, Luigi Pirelli <luipir at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with  the progressive approach in your PR e.g. just integrate the
> alg as processing algorithm. A 2) approach can come later
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/7626

Thanks Luigi. I had thought to discuss it on the list first, but it was
simple enough to prepare it as an algorithm so I just opened the PR for
option 1. I do think the C++ implementation could be worthwhile for big
datasets, but agree that it could be added later.

tnks to point out about this alg/plugin, I didn't realized it's existence...

Yes, I also came across it by accident when I had already started writing
my own version. It definitely saved me a lot of time to be able to reuse
the code!

Rudi