[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-developer] OTB and LiDAR tools as separate plugins

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 05:25:51 PDT 2018

you can add a simple plugin hosted in the official repo to add your custon
plugin repo or a plugin that simplify installation. I agree with that who
assume that offial repo have to host plugin with code compatible with GPL2.
A plugin that install a plugin can simply override this limitation without
affecting licences.

I'm of that person is using point cloud data and avoided to use LAStool
because it's not FOSS, but please believe me, I know and I thrust you, I
like the limitation of your license, but simply I prefer to support PDAL or
PCL because development model is simpler and allow me to contribute is a
simple way and I prefer to invest in a project with an ecosystem of
multiple contributors.

Luigi Pirelli

* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS 2nd Edition: