[QGIS-Developer] rotating and resizing layout items (bug?)

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Dec 15 01:46:57 PST 2018

Hi!

I'm experiencing some strange behavior while working with rotated labels
in a layout.

Put a label on my layout like this:

x: 100
y: 100
width: 30
height: 12
refPoint: center-left

When I rotate it 270 degrees, it rotates around the center, ending up at
  x: 115, y: 115. I would expect it to rotate around the center-left
reference point.

Now I want to display a longer text string, so I extent the label box
length a bit (in this rotated state, I drag the top of my label a bit
upwards). After releasing my mouse the entire label has been moved
further left and downwards on my layout.

Exact same behaviour for picture items, so I guess it is a general
QgsLayoutItem thing.

Not sure how this is meant to be, but this feels not very logical to me.

Should I file a bug?

Regards,
Raymond