[QGIS-Developer] Policy on compiled plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Dec 27 00:49:10 PST 2018

Hi Pedro, all,

On 26/12/18 14:53, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> AFAIK, nothing has changed regarding the policy of distributing compiled
> libraries. The QGIS official repository can't distribute files that are
> not open.
>
> Some alternatives are:
>
> - create your own repository to distribute the plugin including the
> complide;
>
> - add a routine to download and install the compiled libraries on the
> first run of the plugin. With the consent of the user, ofc.

I confirm, only free and open source code can be distributed.
Have you evaluated the "clean" alternative, of rewriting your code in
Python, probably using Numpy/Scipy/networkx etc?
In the long run, this seems to me the more robust option.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: