[QGIS-Developer] Policy on compiled plugins

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 05:53:06 PST 2018

AFAIK, nothing has changed regarding the policy of distributing compiled
libraries. The QGIS official repository can't distribute files that are not
open.

Some alternatives are:

- create your own repository to distribute the plugin including the
complide;

- add a routine to download and install the compiled libraries on the first
run of the plugin. With the consent of the user, ofc.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto

A qua, 26/12/2018, 04:59, Pedro Camargo <veigacamargo at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Hi,
>         I am about to release AequilibraE (the transportation modelling
> plugin) for QGIS 3, but I would like to know what is the current policy on
> compiled plugins.  While on QGIS 2, I was prompting the user to download
> the binaries when they wanted to use the plugin, but that particular part
> of the software proved to be a particular pain in the b***, and many users
> reported being confused by the process.
>
> Is the process still the same?  Is there any process I could go through to
> allow that piece of software to be delivered already with its binaries?
>
> Happy solstice and new year!!
>
> Pedro

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo