[QGIS-Developer] Policy on compiled plugins

Pedro Camargo veigacamargo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 20:58:47 PST 2018

Hi,
        I am about to release AequilibraE (the transportation modelling
plugin) for QGIS 3, but I would like to know what is the current policy on
compiled plugins.  While on QGIS 2, I was prompting the user to download
the binaries when they wanted to use the plugin, but that particular part
of the software proved to be a particular pain in the b***, and many users
reported being confused by the process.

Is the process still the same?  Is there any process I could go through to
allow that piece of software to be delivered already with its binaries?

Happy solstice and new year!!

Pedro