[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 06:23:09 PST 2018

Hi all,

even if not strictly related to the dev list, I'd like to point out my
thoughts here.

Last week I made a call for doc reviewer for the Processing Help System
docs written till now (thanks to the grant proposal program).

Pretty most all of the native QGIS algorithm have been described and
lots of improvements have been made (pictures, better descriptions,
updated descriptions, etc.).

At the moment just a small part of the descriptions is available because
a lot of docs are waiting for a review:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Processing+help%22

I think these descriptions have to be reviewed before the release.

Also there are also some problems with some link (e.g. when the
algorithm provider is labeled as *native* and not as *qgis*) and there
is already a ticket opened [0].

Finally: for some other algorithms (e.g. those of SAGA) there is no
description. Clicking on the help button shows a **Not Found** page.
What about having a kind of template "this algorithm is not described,
if you want to help........."

Thanks for any thought

Cheers

Matteo