[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 5 07:31:58 PST 2018

Hi Matteo, all,
my proposals, see below:

Il 05/02/2018 14:23, matteo ha scritto:
> Last week I made a call for doc reviewer for the Processing Help System
> docs written till now (thanks to the grant proposal program).
>
> Pretty most all of the native QGIS algorithm have been described and
> lots of improvements have been made (pictures, better descriptions,
> updated descriptions, etc.).
>
> At the moment just a small part of the descriptions is available because
> a lot of docs are waiting for a review:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Processing+help%22
>
> I think these descriptions have to be reviewed before the release.

merge all; if some descriptions have to be improved or corrected, even
avter release; the earlier the merge, the better. having a much improved
help system and not showing it to users does not make sense.
if someone has serious objections please speak out, otherwise I'd just go.

> Also there are also some problems with some link (e.g. when the
> algorithm provider is labeled as *native* and not as *qgis*) and there
> is already a ticket opened [0].

if this is not too difficult, I suggest fixing it (Alaex, could you?).

> Finally: for some other algorithms (e.g. those of SAGA) there is no
> description. Clicking on the help button shows a **Not Found** page.
> What about having a kind of template "this algorithm is not described,
> if you want to help........."

redirect all ``docs/user_manual/processing_algs/saga/*`` links to a page
with something like "Help missing - please help us improving this by
sending us your description of this alg" with either a link to a GH page
to be edited or a mailto (is there someone willing to take this review?
Matteo, would yo be available?

If necessart, we could use some additionsl funds from QGIS to finish up
and polish this important work.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu