[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

Rashad Kanavath mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:00:07 PST 2018

Hello all,

Here is a PR to allow integration of otb smoothly. tests are all passing,
commits are squashed and ready to review.
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6272
I did a small fix to control visibility of parameter from provider.
Addition of specific parameter class for OTB is not included in this PR.

Thanks for feedback

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >Otherwise if we don't care and just want to enable others to have QGIS
> >intgration, they'll have to adopt the plugins.  That might work better if
> there
> >is real interest.  But I think they usally prefer their tools to be used
> in
> >their own environment and don't care that much about whether it works in
> QGIS
> <or not.  Is there solid interest of the SAGA or GRASS team to adopt the
> >providers?  Otherwise I guess they'll sooner or later will die.
>
> quickly screened the GRASS MLs, I can't find any entry that the GRASS
> community was ever asked if there could be e.g. a shared attempt for an
> automatization to create/maintain the plugin code.
>
> Looking at the new OSGeo website:
>
> *Desktop Applications*
>
> -QGIS Desktop
> -GRASS GIS
>
> *Geospatial Libraries*
>
> -Orfeo ToolBox
> -GDAL/OGR
>
> *Meta CRS Initiative*
>
> -PROJ4
>
> Most of the software mentioned in this thread are projects under the common
> umbrella of OSGeo.
>
> An option may be to ask that OSGeo plays a more proactive role in helping
> coordinate and supporting (technically/financally/...) such inter-project
> challenges.
>
> I will forward a short summary of this thread to the GRASS community.
>

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --