[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Feb 5 03:20:57 PST 2018

>Otherwise if we don't care and just want to enable others to have QGIS
>intgration, they'll have to adopt the plugins.  That might work better if
there
>is real interest.  But I think they usally prefer their tools to be used in
>their own environment and don't care that much about whether it works in
QGIS
<or not.  Is there solid interest of the SAGA or GRASS team to adopt the
>providers?  Otherwise I guess they'll sooner or later will die.

quickly screened the GRASS MLs, I can't find any entry that the GRASS
community was ever asked if there could be e.g. a shared attempt for an
automatization to create/maintain the plugin code.

Looking at the new OSGeo website:

*Desktop Applications*

-QGIS Desktop
-GRASS GIS

*Geospatial Libraries*

-Orfeo ToolBox
-GDAL/OGR

*Meta CRS Initiative*

-PROJ4

Most of the software mentioned in this thread are projects under the common
umbrella of OSGeo.

An option may be to ask that OSGeo plays a more proactive role in helping to
coordinate and supporting (technically/financally/...) such inter-project
challenges.

I will forward a short summary of this thread to the GRASS community.

-----
best regards
Helmut
--