[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Feb 9 01:47:18 PST 2018

Using the algorithm id
On 09-02-18 08:29, matteo wrote:
>> With the above PR the help directs to the URL using an id based
>> anchor, so the anchors themselves in the docs should be updated to fix
>> this.
> so the provider issue is fixed. Now from the doc side, we have to change
> the section headers so that they match the unique id of the algorithms
> in the code. Did I understand it correctly?

yes, but I think we first have to rename the rst files like:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vector_analysis_tools.rst

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.rst

so the output html name becomes 'vectoranalysis.html'. Apparently
filenames earlier where chosen for readability, but we now use the
'groupid' (looking at Nyalls pull
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6298/commits/2d1e9188f18c40028b5501fe4c719808e8e20800)

And THEN we need to make sure the section names/headers indeed are the
same as generated by the helpurl code, so the anchor is ok:

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.html#nearestneighbouranalysis

So as Nyall is saying: using the algorithm id instead of the name.

One thing to note: If I am correct Alex (in cc) was the one who created
all the templates for this algorithms via a script. I wonder if he saw
that as a one-time template generation, or that it was his intention to
keep stuff uptodate this way? @Alex?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde