[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 02:39:17 PST 2018

We don't need to change the algorithms titles, we just need to add an extra
anchor with the algorithm ID before it:

.. _nearestneighbouranalysis:

Nearest neighbour analysis
--------------------------

Description

<put algorithm description here>

This produces a url like we need (assuming that we rename the rst files, of
course.

matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> escreveu no dia sexta, 9/02/2018 às 10:21:

> Hey,
>
> > yes, but I think we first have to rename the rst files like:
> >

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vector_analysis_tools.rst

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.rst
> >
> > so the output html name becomes 'vectoranalysis.html'. Apparently
> > filenames earlier where chosen for readability, but we now use the
> > 'groupid' (looking at Nyalls pull
> >
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6298/commits/2d1e9188f18c40028b5501fe4c719808e8e20800
> )
>
> yes, and this is an "easy" fix, just a couple of renamings
>
> > And THEN we need to make sure the section names/headers indeed are the
> > same as generated by the helpurl code, so the anchor is ok:
> >

> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.html#nearestneighbouranalysis
> >
> > So as Nyall is saying: using the algorithm id instead of the name.
>
> while this is a not-so-small work, but easy to do it.
>
> The only thing I'm a little concerned is readability of the final html
> file.
>
> Changing the name of the alrotihm/section from Nearest neighbour
> analysis to nearestneighbouranalysis will bring us to have a
> concatenated name for all algorithms, right?
>
> I'm definitely not a sphinx guru, but is there the change to have a kind
> of :meta: tag before each section and use this :meta: to build the URL?
>
> Thanks Richard for the feedback
>
> Matteo

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo