[QGIS-Developer] Processing Help system

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 02:21:14 PST 2018

Hey,

> yes, but I think we first have to rename the rst files like:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vector_analysis_tools.rst

> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.rst
>
> so the output html name becomes 'vectoranalysis.html'. Apparently
> filenames earlier where chosen for readability, but we now use the
> 'groupid' (looking at Nyalls pull
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/6298/commits/2d1e9188f18c40028b5501fe4c719808e8e20800)

yes, and this is an "easy" fix, just a couple of renamings

> And THEN we need to make sure the section names/headers indeed are the
> same as generated by the helpurl code, so the anchor is ok:
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoranalysis.html#nearestneighbouranalysis
>
> So as Nyall is saying: using the algorithm id instead of the name.

while this is a not-so-small work, but easy to do it.

The only thing I'm a little concerned is readability of the final html
file.

Changing the name of the alrotihm/section from Nearest neighbour
analysis to nearestneighbouranalysis will bring us to have a
concatenated name for all algorithms, right?

I'm definitely not a sphinx guru, but is there the change to have a kind
of :meta: tag before each section and use this :meta: to build the URL?

Thanks Richard for the feedback

Matteo