[QGIS-Developer] When is Qt updated for the Windows releases?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 14 04:35:03 PST 2018

Hi Nyall,

On Wed, 14. Feb 2018 at 21:43:35 +1100, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> The point releases we should probably time just after our monthly release so
> that the upgrade gets a full month of testing and there's plenty of time to
> rollback if necessary. Bring on the upgrades I say!

With point releases I was refering to our monthly release.  I don't plan to do
any Qt updates unless we require them for new stuff (like 3D; which triggered
the update from 5.7 to 5.9).

But if we update I'd do them with one of our point releases so that the new
release is build with then available Qt - the next nightlies would also pick
them up.  Otherwise we'd have the release packages using a newer Qt then the
one they were built with.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode