[QGIS-Developer] API freeze

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 03:36:34 PST 2018

Hi Enrico,

Even if the API is not officialy frozen, you can consider it pretty much
stable, and I think it's safe to update your plugin now.

If anything changes from now on, I guess that we could ask to send a mail
on this list with [API BREAK] subject, but it's very likely to happen.

http://python.qgis.org/api/ is not up to date (misses the
QgsMessageBar.MessageLevel move to Qgis.MEssageLevel) but will be updated
in the next 48 hours. It is 3 weeks old and apart from MessageLevel, I
don't think there was big changes to the API for plugins authors.

Best wishes,
Denis