[QGIS-Developer] Incorrect hidpi setting in 3.0 for OSX

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:26:37 PST 2018

It's rather obscure to me too :)

For Qt 5.10 on Linux I use

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 0
QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO to 1

but on the same machine and display with Qt 5.9.3 I need to use

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1
QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO to 2

in order to have the same effect, that is the SVG icons are not pixelated
neither are the Qt GUI elements (like checkboxes) which are actually too
small.

If I set QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR to 1 QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO to 2 on
5.10 I get the correct size for the Qt GUI elements but I get pixelated SVG
icons.

I've not yet found the perfect solution.

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it