[QGIS-Developer] New Processing Help System summary

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:40:41 PST 2018

On 19 February 2018 at 18:09, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 18/02/2018 22:48, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> Thanks so much for the summary Matteo, it is really nice to see a
>> summary of the current status list this!
>
> it wuld be nice if the small but annoying issue about modules with names
> with spaces would be solved; Nyall, could the same approach you used for
> link names also be used for anchors?

I don't think this is a good idea - it means we have code in master
which will need updating if the help files are edited and the
algorithm headings tweaked. That'll get quite messy when different
versions/branches are involved (both on the qgis and documentation
side).

I'd rather a fix on the documentation side which uses the invisible
link anchor matching the algorithm id - which is fixed and guaranteed
not to change. Weren't earlier experiments for this approach
successful?

Nyall