[QGIS-Developer] Processing doc - sphinx - anchors

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 03:25:16 PST 2018

Hi Alex,

> well, previously it worked in the exactly this way, link was created
> using algorithm id which eventually is a concatenation of the provider
> name and algorithm name. But on requrest from documentation team
> this behaviour was changed to current approach.
>
> So now you want to go back to links like this
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoroverlay.html#qgisintersection
>
> Is this correct? Just want to clarify before implemeting it to avoid yet another
> round of discussions and "fixing".

according with Richard, we think that having the link

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/processing_algs/qgis/vectoroverlay.html#qgisintersection

so provider name concatenated with algorithm name is the way to go. To
avoid any other future issues with hyphens vs underscores etc I think it
is smart to have a single string like `qgiscountpointsinpolygon` instead
of `qgis_countpointsinpolygon`.

This way the name of the algorithm should be always unique even among
providers.

I'm sorry that we did not face these issues before, but nobody thought
we can have this sphinx troubles with anchors.

Thanks Alex for taking care of this

Cheers

Matteo