[QGIS-Developer] Processing plugin - Set style on resulting layer

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 23:34:50 PST 2018

Processing allows to define styles for outpus on the per-algorithm basis.
Just open algorithm context menu by right-clicking on it and select "Edit
rendering styles for outputs". In the dialog you can assign styles for each
algorithm output. These styles will be applied to outputs automatically
after algorithm execution.

Hope this helps.

> On 3 January 2018 at 23:59, Jakob Lanstorp <jlanstorp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm building a Processing plugin used as an interface between QGIS and a
>> geological PostGIS database.
>>
>> The resulting layer is as standard loaded automatically (Processing best
>> practices). This resulting load (shapefile) happens after method
>> processAlgorithm of GeoAlgorithm has run.
>>
>> This gives me no chance of setting the resulting layer style. Is there any
>> post-processingAlgorithm method or anything else I can use? I'm aware of
>> "qgis:setstyleforvectorlayer" but my script is not meant for the modeller
>> and would like the algorithm to be run in one step not two steps.
>>
>> I may be out of scoop for what a Processing plugin is meant for - but like
>> the non ui and direct algorithm approach.
>>

> I don't believe this is possible in 2.x, nor currently in 3.0 either.
> BUT - the API has changed significantly in 3.0 and could be expanded
> to allow for this type of approach in future 3.x releases.
>
> Nyall

Alexander Bruy