[QGIS-Developer] GRIB files projection errors

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Jan 10 01:44:15 PST 2018

On 09-01-18 21:14, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi Saber,
> thanks for checking. The sample mentioned in the ticket loads fine, but
> its SRS is not recognized correctly (it appears as a custom EPSG,
> whereas it should be 4326, I guess).
> Further tests reveal that other gribs (downloaded with ZyGrib) have an
> incorrect extent, and there fore are not loaded correctly. You can check
> yourself or use this sample:
> http://www.faunalia.eu/~paolo/grib2.bz2
> As for crayfish, I'd need a solution using plain QGIS, as I'd like to
> build a plugin based on grib. Furthermore, I would not like to use
> non-Debian binaries on my system.

Hi Paolo,

If you open grib files in QGIS, off course it is GDAL who is responsible
for that :-)

I played a bit with netcdf/grib files recently, found some problems and
reported these in trac.osgeo.org/gdal and those were picked up/fixed by
Even Rouault pretty good:

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7103

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7104

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7086

Not sure if your problem is one of those, but maybe you just have to
wait for a newer gdal version ;-)
Or create issues for it?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde