[QGIS-Developer] What is SAGA LTR?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 15:15:28 PST 2018

On 15 January 2018 at 08:23, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that QGIS 2.18 now only supports SAGA "LTR" (after QGIS 2.18.7).  I didn't find anything about a LTR version on the SAGA website or sourceforge site.
>
> I see in the processing code that it's checking for version 2.3.x, is this the LTR version?

That's my understanding. However "LTR" seems loosely respected here -
e.g. last time I tried, it's unusable on Fedora as SAGA LTR segfaults
with newer gcc builds. (I believe [1] is related, but the debian patch
alone isn't enough to fix it).

Nyall

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=838915