[QGIS-Developer] What is SAGA LTR?

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 22:49:12 PST 2018

Hi William,

SAGA devs said that SAGA 2.3.0 will be an LTR version without any API breaks
(e.g. parameters renamings etc). So we decided to stick only to this version to
avod numerous issues with the corresponding Processing provider. However
this was announced only in the mailing list and there is no information about it
on the SAGA website.

> I just noticed that QGIS 2.18 now only supports SAGA "LTR" (after QGIS 2.18.7).  I didn't find anything about a LTR version on the SAGA website or sourceforge site.
>
> I see in the processing code that it's checking for version 2.3.x, is this the LTR version?
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an illusion caused by the passage of history."
>
> - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Alexander Bruy