[QGIS-Developer] Translation state of master

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jan 15 23:29:45 PST 2018

On 16-01-18 00:26, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> While I was reading this thread, I was wondering... For Docs and website
> we have a very nice link at the bottom of the page that points us to the
> translation strings of a current page (Thank Richard!) It would be great
> if we could do the same for QGIS GUI (using a plugin for example). This
> would help a lot to fix strange strings, and to review translated strings.

Thanks for the thanks ;-)

But it is not so easy for GUI currently, because GUI is just one ts
file. I'm not sure if there is any order in that.

Besides there is not structure in it, or the html-anchors do not show
any grouping possibilities:

https://www.transifex.com/qgis/QGIS/translate/#nl/qgis-application/23587585

Is an id/anchor of a string.

For Desktop I like Linguist better too, but for docs and website I think
Transifex is easier (because you can click from context to translation).

Another reason to move to Transifex was that it was hard to do
translation in a group, as there is just 1 ts file. So doing some fast
group translations was impossible without clear coordination about WHO
was now translating.
If we could split up the ts file in more files ( I don't know, maybe
something along the line: gui/core/vector/raster/web, but preferably
some more ) it would be easier to let people fast start to translate a
language in a group (in  case of a new language for example) again using
Linguist if they prefer. If I am right, the coordinator can 'block' some
resource for offline translating?

Regards,

Richard