[QGIS-Developer] Last call for switching to github issue tracker

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jan 16 04:03:21 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 01:42:06PM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Since you are solving all problems here, the other nice thing to have
> would be the ability to drag and drop screenshots into the issue like
> you can on GH.

I'm not so powerful to solve all problems, but it's surely something
that can be done as a community when the problems are with using
free software tools. Note the only use I have for Redmine is for
reviewing and submitting bugs to QGIS. Many other OSGeo projects
still use Trac (PostGIS and GEOS included) which as I'm findinig out
now have both Markdown *and* Drag&Drop plugins:

  https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/MarkDown
  https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracDragDropPlugin

I know QGIS won't get from Redmine to Trac, but it's a pity for it
to be on a lonely infrastructure isn't it ? It's one of the reason
a few want to move to GitHub, right ? Because that's where people
are !

--strk;