[QGIS-Developer] Last call for switching to github issue tracker

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Jan 16 14:19:02 PST 2018

> On 16 Jan 2018, at 14:03, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 01:42:06PM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> Since you are solving all problems here, the other nice thing to have
>> would be the ability to drag and drop screenshots into the issue like
>> you can on GH.
>
> I'm not so powerful to solve all problems

:-P

> , but it's surely something
> that can be done as a community when the problems are with using
> free software tools. Note the only use I have for Redmine is for
> reviewing and submitting bugs to QGIS. Many other OSGeo projects
> still use Trac (PostGIS and GEOS included) which as I'm findinig out
> now have both Markdown *and* Drag&Drop plugins:
>
>  https://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/MarkDown
>  https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracDragDropPlugin

IIRC we graduated from trac to Redmine….I don’t see any point in going back to Trac,

> I know QGIS won't get from Redmine to Trac, but it's a pity for it
> to be on a lonely infrastructure isn't it ? It's one of the reason
> a few want to move to GitHub, right ? Because that's where people
> are !

I think there are a bunch of reasons, the people being there is certainly one of them. Having less infrastructure to manage is another. Having tight integration with the source code another, easy commenting, quick and easy adding gifs and images, etc….but we have covered all this before in similar threads….

Thanks for looking into the markdown support!

Regards

Tim

> --strk;

—