[QGIS-Developer] Plugin for both QGIS2 and QGIS3

Javier Becerra Elcinto javier at panoimagen.com
Tue Jan 16 23:27:38 PST 2018

Hi Simon,

We have used the approach of qgis2compat: we get our code running on
QGis3 with new API calls, and use a small compatibility layer to get
that same code running on QGis2. It is a bit of work, but seems to be
working fine.

However the wiki
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/Plugin-migration-to-QGIS-3) now says
that qgis2compat has been deprecated; I do not know if it is because
that route is a dead-end, if other people are just making two different
versions of the plugin.

Regards,

Javier