[QGIS-Developer] Plugin for both QGIS2 and QGIS3

Enrico Ferreguti enricofer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 00:06:42 PST 2018

I both migrate plugin keeping qgis2 compatibility (
https://github.com/enricofer/attributepainter) or branching to qgis3 only (
https://github.com/enricofer/go2streetview)
Having to carry out 3 migrations in one: python2 to python3, QT4 to QT5,
PyQt2 to PyQt3,  in my experience I strongly suggest you to branch to Qgis3
only, leaving the qgis2 compatibility to simpler plugins.
You will get a more readable and efficient code, and you'll get the
opportunity to understand and exploit the api breaks benefits.
Regards
Enrico Ferreguti