[QGIS-Developer] Does QGIS 3.0 have a search capability across all layers and all fields

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:24:29 PST 2018

When I created my "Search Layers" plugin that does a textual search across
all vector layers and all fields, I was led to believe that this capability
would be in QGIS 3.0 and so "Search Layers" was only important for 2.x. The
only problem is that I cannot seem to find this type of capability. 3.0
certainly has powerful selection capabilities on a single layer, but I
can't find a function that works across all vector layers.

Is the capability there and I am just missing it? If so then it should be
easier to find and if not then I will convert "Search Layers" for QGIS 3.0.

Thanks,

Calvin