[QGIS-Developer] How are Featured Plugins Chosen?

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 09:39:36 PST 2018

I am curious about how he so called Featured Plugins are chosen and I know
it is very subjective so I apologize if this is a bad question. I think
there are some very good choices on that list and then I think there might
be some better choices put on. Do these change? I haven't really monitored
them, but when ever I look they seem like they are about the same set.

The important ones in my opinion are:
qgis2web
QucikMapServices
Qgis2threejs - Although with QGIS3 this may not be as important of a plugin
Quick Finder
TimeManager
Geocoding

The others listed will only be used by a small set of users and some by a
very small set of user. I'm sure there are other plugins that would be
better to feature. I think some of the new plugins, if they are evaluated
to work well, have a unique capability, and have good documentation on how
to use it, should occasionally be featured.

Thanks,

Calvin