[QGIS-Developer] How are Featured Plugins Chosen?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 30 10:48:29 PST 2018

Hi there,

Am Di, 30.01.2018, 18:39 schrieb C Hamilton:
> I haven't really monitored
> them, but when ever I look they seem like they are about the same set.

Interesting question.

Many websites advertise the number of downloads, which I consider to
be total nonsense. Interesting would be a rating like "usage per month".
Even installations per month don't make sense to me, because I have
installed some plugins that I don't use - I'm just too lazy to
uninstall them :)

BUT this would make some plugins stay on the top forever...

Maybe you should also consider how well a plugin is documented and
whether there are examples. This could give a more positive assessment,
With many plugins I have no idea how to use them at all.

Best regards,
Tobias