[QGIS-Developer] [Qgis-psc] Bringing back a *highly curated* blocker tag on redmine?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jan 31 01:15:49 PST 2018

>> IMHO a bug in some remote, hardly used function shouldn't block a release -
>> even if it's a regression that corrupts data and causes qgis to crash in some
>> edge cases.  We'll probably have plenty of those that we don't know of anyway.
>>
>> To me it's just a matter of the impact on usablity a bug has.  I'd opt for
>> common sense instead of setting strict rules.

+1
IMHO, responsability for this is shared between Release Manager and QA
manager. I think a review of high priority bugs (178 now) before release
by the two managers, possibly helped by other devs as Nyall has pointed
out, would be a good approach.
A very important point, thanks for raising it.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu