[QGIS-Developer] Keeping OTB algorithm in qgis processing

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 02:23:13 PST 2018

Another reason to remove providers is that algorithms descriptions
were not updated and maintained. Even now both SAGA and GRASS
providers are not updated to latest stable versions of the corresponding
software.

We just simply does not have enough resources to maintain more than
600 algorithms from GRASS and SAGA. Situation with OTB, was even
worse, it requires special handling of the parameters.

I still think that Processing should be in core with minimal set of algorithms
(native and GDAL), all other providers should be plugins and installed by
users. Ideally these providers also should be maintained by interested groups
of devs/users, not by QGIS devs.

--
Alexander Bruy