[QGIS-Developer] Question about Mac Installer

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jan 31 08:55:32 PST 2018

Question 1.
The QGIS.org download page
https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html says:
"This version requires separate installation of dependency framework
(GDAL Complete) , also found at the download link below."

Kyngchaos says http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis
"All required items are included on the disk image."

Which is it? I don't actually have a Mac to test, trying to download
files to take to others who need it.

Question 2.
Kyngchaos page states
"Install Note: OS X security may block installation, as I'm not an
"identified developer" (ie not paying Apple to develop software)."

Didn't OSGeo buy an Apple Signing cert just for issues like this?

Thanks,
Alex