[QGIS-Developer] Re-implementing delimited text provider help

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Fri Jul 6 13:52:16 PDT 2018

Hi all

I am looking for guidance on documentation.

The help for the delimited text provider has largely got lost between versions 2 and 3.  In version 3 is defined in

QgsHelp::openHelp( QStringLiteral( "managing_data_source/opening_data.html#importing-a-delimited-text-file" ) );

This links to the QGIS documentation now (after I fixed the url) but that is very brief.

In version 2 this served as reference documentation for the provider, including documentation on the url for constructing programmatically as well as the GUI information.  While this is too much information for many users I would like it to go somewhere
This could certainly be broken up into a number of cross referenced items.

So I am wondering where this should go now!  And what I need to do to get it there.

Thanks
Chris

This message contains information, which may be in confidence and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.