[QGIS-Developer] Reading OSM data from .osm file

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 06:45:51 PDT 2018

Hey,
> When you have your .osm file on your computer (eg downloaded from
> outside QGIS), you can open it with:
> * QuickOSM with the default parser, each keys will have their own fields.
> * QuickOSM with your custom osmconf.ini file. The attribute table is
> defined according to your osmconf file.
> * OSM core importer in QGIS 2, not sure about the final attribute table.
> * QGIS, loading a normal vector file. The osmconf file on your computer
> will be used to define the attribute table.
>
> So it seems you are using the last option, right? So maybe you modified
> the default osmconf file?

it seems so. Never touched the osmconf file (almost a fresh Debian Sid
OS). It just seems strange to me that the "default" parser (the last one
of the list) is lossy (meaning that many columns can collapse into a
single not usable one).

Anyway: QuickOSM parser works like a charm ;)

Thanks to all

Matteo