[QGIS-Developer] Crash with QgsAuthManager() in 3.x

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jun 2 22:27:43 PDT 2018

On 03-06-18 01:14, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> The docs need fixing here (I'll do that). You shouldn't be creating
> your own auth manager, but instead use the manager returned by
>
>     auth_man = QgsApplication.authManager()
>
> Nyall

Ah, Thanks Nyall: works!! :-)

About docs: I had a look into the pyqgis docs:

https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/core/Auth/QgsAuthManager.html

But the code is very thin on comments/docs a thin code either:

https://qgis.org/api/qgsauthmanager_8h_source.html

https://qgis.org/api/qgsauthmanager_8cpp_source.html

Is the plan to update the cookbook?

https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/authentication.html

Or do we prefer to update docs in code so it will show up in api docs?
I can help with the cookbook, though I'm not very much up to date with
specific changes, but I can at least check things there and writup what
I do now.

Regards & thanks again,

Richard