[QGIS-Developer] QgsAuthConfigSelect use

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jun 5 05:46:47 PDT 2018

Hi Devs,

I'm using the QgsAuthConfigSelect-widget, to create 'configs' (with url,
id, username, password (basic auth)) etc.

It works great!! I could even incorporate it in my dialog!

Two comments, of which I like to have some input of others if possible:

1) (see screenshot) currently the 'type' is always added in the dropdown
(in my case you always see (Basic)). If a user wants to see this, it is
possible to add it themselves (see (mytype)).
So Question: would there be troubles if I remove that?

2) the first item is ALWAYS: 'No authentication'.
In my case that does not make sense. If you did not create a 'profile',
there is not an url, no nothing, so I would prefer to see either:
- nothing (no item)
- 'Please create an authorisation profile'
- 'Please configure first'
or something like that.

Any comments?

I'm aware that this is build for governmental use, so if this is cast in
stone, then... we leave it like this?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde