[QGIS-Developer] QgsAuthConfigSelect use

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jun 7 06:01:33 PDT 2018

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the answers!

Inline my comments:

On 07-06-18 11:51, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand what you are asking: the ("Basic") string is
> the authentication type (that comes to the authentication plugin that
> the configuration is using)  and it is a useful piece of information,
> but of course it is not required.

In my case where a user will have 5 - 10 auth-profiles, all those ending
with (Basic) does not add info for my users. And IF I think it is
helpfull to know if it is either a 'Postgres' or a 'Basic
Authentication' profile, I can add it myself to the title of the profile?

>     2) the first item is ALWAYS: 'No authentication'.
>
> I think you should handle that in your particular dialog logic, the
> widget does what it was designed for, that is allow the users to choose
> and existing authentication configuration AND/OR to create a new one,
> editing and deletion of existing configs is also available.

In my case, the widget is used for a little more: it actually not only
defines the username/config, but also the actual url-api-endpoint the
users connects to.
o in my case 'No authentication' does not cover the content... If I
could choose it said: 'Please create a profile' or so.

I have been looking at:
https://qgis.org/pyqgis/master/gui/Auth/QgsAuthConfigSelect.html

But I do not think I have a handle to change or reach the actual
combobox is it? To either change the caption or so?

Anyway, thanks for all this. Besides this minor points it works great.

Regards,

RIchard