[QGIS-Developer] issues in QGIS Server 2,18

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:26:42 PST 2018

Hi Giovanni,

Le 01/03/2018 à 12:52, Giovanni Manghi a écrit :
> Hi all,
> now that 2.18 is LTR I guess that many have also updated their QGIS
> Server installation to this release. Problem is that I see a few
> issues in 2.18 and would like to have gsome feedback from others.
>
> *) slower: it seems this version is slower compared to 2.14, at least
> for some specific request like WFS GetFeatures. See for example:
>
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/18249#note-1
>
> where in the same condition (same server, same postgis datasource of
> around ~25000 polygons) 2.18 is about 30 seconds slower than 2.14.

This issue is simply due to the transformation of the geometry from the
layer CRS to the GeoJSON CRS standard: EPSG:4326

> *) At some point in 2.18 development -in the print composer,
> properties of a legend- the "none" value for the "map" option was
> removed. This option (together with "auto update" unchecked) allowed
> to do GetPrint requests where a legend always shown the same fixed
> entries regardless of the layers being requested. Moreover now the
> layers legend (from a GetPrint) frequently shows "?" instead of the
> correct legend. Not sure if the two things are related.

It will be great to have the possibility to allow nullptr in the map
combobox.
Nyall, do you have an idea how to enhance QgsComposerItemComboBox
introdiuced by
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/1b4bd47076103e931e642c9c2b6a363f14b20a45?
Issue already exists: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16899

> *) Crashes on GetPrint: adding some type of elements in print
> composers (like html text boxes) caused QGIS Server to crash when
> doing a GetPrint *if* the *headless* server didn't had a fake xserver
> installed. Now in 2.18 this happens even if QGIS Server is installed
> on a Desktop OS, unless installing the fake x server. Not sure is
> related but this now affects also Windows machines where a GetPrint
> requests (of a layout with one of this problematic elements) make
> always QGIS Server crash. This was not the case for 2.14.

The solution is probably to update the environment variable
QT_GRAPHICSSYSTEM to 'raster' has explain
https://issues.qgis.org/issues/15440 and in a lot of other project:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6168570/qgraphicsview-slow-scale-performance-under-linux
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=90821

I'll test this solution.