[QGIS-Developer] Separate namespaces for QGIS-LTR and QGIS (3)

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) carlo.bertelli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 06:41:54 PST 2018

@Nathan: Yes, to be precise, I mean calling using a different name, say
qgis2 or qgis_ltr and using /usr/lib/libqgis2* instead
of /usr/lib/libqgis*, /usr/lib/qgis2 or /usr/lib/qgis-ltr,
/usr/share/qgis2, /usr/include/qgis2 instead of /usr/include/qgis,

@Richard: That's very good, I overlooked this feature. Anyway, I think the
casual user will never know and while working perfectly on the repository,
it needs two separate directory, say .qgis2 and .qgis3. Not difficult but
it should be easier for users to deal with these issues.

Anyway, thanks for considering this suggestion.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 12:45 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. Could you explain with an example.
>
> Regards,
> Nathan

Carlo A. Bertelli
   Charta servizi e sistemi per il territorio e la storia ambientale srl
          Dipendenze del palazzo Doria,
          vc. alla Chiesa della Maddalena 9/2 16124      Genova (Italy)
          tel./fax +39(0)10 2475439  +39 0108566195 <010%20856%206195>
mobile:+39 393 1590711 <393%20159%200711>
   e-mail: bertelli at chartasrl.eu      http://www.chartasrl.eu