[QGIS-Developer] idea: show profile name in Window title?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Mar 8 12:36:14 PST 2018

Now that we have 'the little asterisk' in the Window title to indicate a
non-saved project.

I was wondering if it would be an idea to show the 'Profile' name also
in the title, like

*projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 [ default ]
or
projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 / default
or
projecttitle - QGIS 3.0 - proxied

Context: I have a profile for a client with a special proxy setting so I
normally work in default but sometimes use the 'proxied' one.

Upon normal startup I always have to check via menu which profile I have
opened now...

Anybody else see this as a good idea?
Or is it to much ui clutter?

About the little asterisk for new projects: other applications also use
the little asterisk to show a named project has changed, but they often
use 'untitled' for a project IF it does not have a name.
At this moment we show:

*QGIS 3.0

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde