[QGIS-Developer] Spatialite plugins broken on Macs?

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 8 11:17:05 PST 2018

All,

Ran a workshop yesterday where we used the DB Manager to interact with
Spatialite. On all the Macs in the room (10ish), all spatial queries and
data imports failed, the errors are mostly silent.

Installing QSpatialite to test, that plugin fails to find the spatialite
version.

This led me to the possibility that the QGIS packages for Mac packages
on Kyngchaos may be missing something, or have a configuration issue
related to where the pyspatialite library is located or referenced.

This appears to have been reported before:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/220870/qspatialite-broken-after-update-to-qgis-2-18
The solution mentioned does not appear to be a fix for recent builds.

I don't have a Mac myself to test, can any Mac devs confirm this issue?
Also not sure if the problem is also in 3.x or not.

Note: loading of Spatialite data in the main QGIS works just fine since
that doesn't depend on pyspatialite to work.

Thanks,
Alex