[QGIS-Developer] Processing algorithm plugin help

André William wss.andre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:30:50 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I developed a processing algorithm plugin using the Plugin Builder but I'm
having trouble setting up the Help panel which usually shows on the right
side of the windows, or at least the a help button pointing to a static
file.

I've tried creating the .py.help file with the same name as my algorithm
and provider files and placing them in both the
"~/.qgis2/processing/scripts" and "~/.qgis2/python/plugins/my_plugin"
folders, but without success.

Implementing the helpString() and helpUrl() methods in my GeoAlgorithm
class didn't work either.

Am I missing something? Sorry if it's a noob question.

André