[QGIS-Developer] Processing plugin questions

André William wss.andre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 02:34:30 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Two questions regarding Processing Plugin development for QGIS 2.18.17 :

   1. How should I go about customizing the default Processing Algorithm
   user interface? I need to make the help panel a little bit wider, but the
   GeoAlgorithm and AlgorithmProvider classes doesn't seem to provide any way
   to accomplish this.
   2. I'm also trying to have the
   *ProcessingConfig.USE_FILENAME_AS_LAYER_NAME* option set to True but for
   some reason it doesn't seem to to work. The Output layer keeps being loaded
   with the default parameter name from the algorithm. I'm using the following
   line of code:

ProcessingConfig.setSettingValue(ProcessingConfig.USE_FILENAME_AS_LAYER_NAME,
> True)

I tried setting a different option, like*
ProcessingConfig.KEEP_DIALOG_OPEN, *and it behaves as expected, which leads
me to believe my code isn't terribly wrong. Is there anything else I should
pay attention to?

Thanks in advance!
André