[QGIS-Developer] issues in QGIS Server 2,18

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 03:38:23 PDT 2018

Hi all,

>> I have found the reason why QGIS Server 2.18 and probably 3 are slower
>> than 2.14 in generating GeoJSON.
>> I'll fix it.

I discovered two more WFS related issues, one in QGIS Desktop the
other in the Server.

I setup a WFS service, with both QGIS Server 2.18 and Mapserver, with
a layer than contains 5.6million points.
The QGIS WFS client pulls this layer without issues, but there is a
big problem when identifying features with the option "auto open form"
enabled:
on the second identify operation QGIS freezes and it start to leak
memory until it eats it all. It does not happen if the "auto open
form" option is not enabled. This happens also on QGIS 3.

The second issue is about the same dataset published as WFS with QGIS
Server, when saving the layer using QGIS using "save as" (for example
to a geopackage) the result is missing several features/points.
I tried then to save the layer using ogr from th CLI, and at some
point the message "ERROR 1: XML parsing of GML file failed : unclosed
token at line 109413441, column 21" is shown. This is not happening
(and the result is complete) if server used is Mapserver.

I can provide the services URLs is someone wants to give it a try.

cheers!

-- G --