[QGIS-Developer] Processing options broken in QGIS LTR 2.18.19 (?)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:32:27 PDT 2018

On 3 May 2018 at 19:36, Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> It doesn't help 2.18, but unit tests are the fix here. At least in 3.0
>> the whole of processing core is totally soaked in unit tests.
>>
>> I'm going to be submitting a grant proposal to start adding gui unit
>> tests to processing. That's now the most fragile part of the
>> processing framework.
>

> thanks Nyall.
>
> We have anyway a hot potato now to handle: all people that upgraded
> recently to the latest and greatest LTR have now the problem they
> can't configure Processing and QGIS is left in a state it must be
> killed. Is this enough to trigger and emergency new point release? I
> would say yes.

(Apologies if my earlier reply sounded "flippant" - I didn't mean to
dismiss this issue. Rather I was just focusing on the "how can we
avoid in future" part here.)

I wouldn't mind seeing some policy/process put in place for pulling
stable releases/unscheduled updates when serious regressions are
found. I can think of 3/4 releases in the past where we've had similar
serious issues and would have been nice to have a way to push out
immediate fixes for these.

Nyall