[QGIS-Developer] is QGIS Server 3.4 working?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Nov 2 06:16:08 PDT 2018

On 11/2/18 2:11 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:06 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net
> <mailto:a.neumann at carto.net>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Giovanni,
>
>     Glad it works on a new machine.
>
>     But it shows, that to find out what is wrong with QGIS server, is
>     often a difficult challenge.
>
>     The error message
>
>     error 500 ("End of script output before headers:
>     qgis_mapserv.fcgi" in the Apache log)
>
>     tells you absolutely nothing what might be wrong with QGIS Server.
>
>     Even experienced QGIS server users struggle with finding problems in
>     QGIS server.
>
>     If we could improve this situation about more meaningful error
>     messages from QGIS server, it would be a big, big plus!
>
>     Greetings,
>
>     Andreas
>

> This message does not come from QGIS but from the web server and it
> usually means that QGIS crashed, there is no possibility to set an error
> message from QGIS in that case.

I guess it should be possible to LD_PRELOAD libsegfault in there or
harness it in some other wrapper to log meaningful debug information
somewhere?

Not much experience though, just a random thought to get someone started
with debugging in case he's left with this situation and no clue how to
solve it.

Matthias