[QGIS-Developer] is QGIS Server 3.4 working?

Daniele ViganĂ² daniele at vigano.me
Fri Nov 2 06:35:46 PDT 2018

I would say that QGIS 3 server (we are running 3.4 since it has been
release) is working very well for us, both in development and production
environments, even with projects exposing several GB of data (raster and
vector); we had only some issues with false 'out of memory' errors related
to GetLegend and symbology in map units.

We are using it as a Docker container that exposes both HTTP (for
development) and FastCGI (to be used with a reverse proxy) endpoints. The
container is built starting form Fedora and QGIS RPMs.

https://github.com/gem/oq-qgis-server/

Cheers,
Daniele

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:06 PM Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi Giovanni,
>
> Glad it works on a new machine.
>
> But it shows, that to find out what is wrong with QGIS server, is often a
> difficult challenge.
>
> The error message
>
> error 500 ("End of script output before headers:
> qgis_mapserv.fcgi" in the Apache log)
>
> tells you absolutely nothing what might be wrong with QGIS Server.
>
> Even experienced QGIS server users struggle with finding problems in QGIS
> server.
>
> If we could improve this situation about more meaningful error messages
> from QGIS server, it would be a big, big plus!
>
> Greetings,
>
> Andreas
>
> On 2018-11-02 13:40, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>
> I have just completed a test on a completely clean Ubuntu 18.04 Server
> virtual machine... and it works!
>
> So I have probably a messy system, sorry for the noise.
>

> -- G --
>

> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 12:10 PM Giovanni Manghi
> <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> are there any known issues with QGIS Server 3.4 (on Ubuntu 18.04 here)?
>
> I'm trying to test it as I would do with a QGIS Server 2.*
> installation and it does not work here:
>
> trying a simple GetCapabilities (via Apache2) on a sample project I
> always get error 500 ("End of script output before headers:
> qgis_mapserv.fcgi" in the Apache log).
>
> Directly from the CLI I noticed that qgis_mapserv.fcgi returns an
> error if the project file is specified by using an absolute/relative
> path (it works only if calling qgis_mapserv.fcgi from within the
> folder where a project file is).
>
> Any hint?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> -- G --